Larry Saunders - Chair - 1-19
Ron Schmidt - Vice Chair - 1-19
Tom Pickens - Secretary - 1-18
Joan Jones - 1-18
Nancy Perine - 1-19
Robin Wetmore - 1-18
The Roads and Grounds Committee shall:
Inspect and report to the Board on the conditions of all Common Grounds and Resident lawns, amenity areas, ponds, basins and drainage systems and roads. Advise the Board of all areas that require improvement or additional maintenance.
Meet with members who submit Request for Services in matters concerning their lawn areas. Advise the Board of the quality of work being done by current contractors.
Inspect and advise the Board on snow and ice conditions and/or on procedures required.
Review specifications of new contracts, existing contracts and contract modifications for revisions that may be required; coordinate with the Finance Committee to determine financial impacts prior to being forwarded to the Community Manager for action. In coordination with the Finance Committee review bids received and prioritize them prior to forwarding to the Board for award action. NOTE: When prioritizing, Committee performance evaluations do not have to agree with financial evaluations; however, both must be reflected.
The secretary shall record the minutes at each meeting and provide copies to the Community Manager's Office for distribution.
Provide oral reports of activities to the Board at monthly and quarterly Board meetings; provide written reports of activities to the Community Manger five (5) weekdays prior to thje stated meetings.
Goals For 2017
1. Continuously strive to both maintain and improve upon the Residential and Common Grounds at the highest operational and aesthetically beautiful level possible.
2. Build upon our knowledge of conditions requiring improvement or corrective action through Committee members conducting reviews of the Community to determine overall condition of our Roads, Grounds and Storm Water Management System, as well as, by Residents through the Resident Service Form (RSF) system. Utilize this knowledge to develop courses of action for subsequent reporting to the Board of Directors and Association Manager for action.
3. Develop recommendations for board approval, for beautification of areas in the community that are in need of enhancement. Once approved, develop plans to include timelines and budgets and oversee the project to ensure the optimum project completion.
4. Assure that Roads and Grounds related Management Plans and Procedures adopted by the Association are implemented, maintained and/or improved upon as required.
5. Monitor contractor performance of the Ponds and Basins to assure they comply with the Board approved "GOCA Basin Maintenance Plan (2014-2016). Additionally, identify aesthetic and operational improvements as may be appropriate for Board consideration.
6. Improve upon communication venues, i.e., Association Web Site, flyers, briefings, to provide residents with time sensitive information and education relative to:
a. Contractor provided services such as Lawn Maintenance and Snow Removal
b. Proper management of Private/Common property
c. Care of their lawns
d. Use of sprinklers
e. Front lawn tree maintenance
Roads and Grounds Committee Charter
Mission Statement: The committee shall assist the GOCA Board of Directors (Board) in assuring the Community Common area, including amenity areas and Resident lawns, are maintained in such a fashion as to enhance the entire Community
The Committee shall consist of no more than seven (7) members apointed by the Board of Directors. Members will serve for a staggered two (2) year term. If committee members wish to remain on the committee after their term expires, they may reapply. The Board, in its sole discretion, shall appoint new members to fill open and expired terms. There shall be a Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary. The Chair shall preside over each meeting. The Vice-Chair shall be the spokesperson if the Chair is unavailable. There must be a quorum for voting. No more than five (5) unexcused absences wil be permitted by any committee member.